In an effort to ensure complete patient care, the National Committee for Quality Assurance (NCQA)
established the Patient Centered Medical Home (PCMH) program for primary care practices. The main
focus of PCMH is to promote a partnership between the provider and patient by actively involving the
patient in their own care. A PCMH is an office where the patient has an ongoing relationship with a
primary care physician (PCP) and care team who provide continuous and complete care at all times.
Benefits of PCMH
• Better engaged & happier patients
• Lower inpatient admissions
• Improved clinical outcomes· Reduced ER visits and hospital readmissions
• Increased patient satisfaction
• Follow and practice evidence based guidelines.
What can You Expect from Us?
• A patient centered focus on each patient’s unique needs, culture, values, and preferences and
support of the patient’s self-care efforts.
• Comprehensive, team-based care that meets the majority of each patient’s physical and mental
health needs, including prevention and wellness, acute care, and chronic care.
• Care that is coordinated across multiple health care systems and connects patients to medical
resources in the community.
• Access to care that meets patients’ needs and preferences including care provided after hours
by email and telephone.
• A systems based approach to quality and safety that includes a commitment to ongoing quality
improvement, and practicing population health management.
• Access to Clinical Care and Advice We offer same day appointments, which can be booked over
the phone or through our website as available.
• Patients wishing to speak with a physician after hours can call 305-633-9090. We will return
your call within one hour.
What type of services does my Medical Home Provide?
We provide comprehensive, compassionate and continuous care for all.
• Same day appointments
• Preventive care and physicals (health risk assessments, sports and school physicals)
• Chronic disease management (such as diabetes and asthma)
• Well child visits, screening and vaccinations
• 24×7 phone access to your care team
• Referrals to vetted specialists and mental health providers
What We Expect from You?
The practice functions most effectively as a medical home when patients provide a complete medical
history and information about care received outside the practice. This includes:
• Information about Medications
• Health Status and Self Care
• Medical History
• Recent Test Results
• Data from Hospitalizations, Specialty Care, and ER Visits
Monday-Friday 9:00am – 5:00pm, Saturday 9:00am – 12:00pm